- 19 photos that shows Walmart need to give second thought to their logics
- 26 Funniest Puns, Can we all just take a moment to appreciate #5
- 50 Rare Photos From the Past that you’ve never seen before
- People Share Their Absolutely Worst ‘F*ck My Life’ Moments And They’re So Sad It’s Funny
- 10 Rules Guys Wish Girls Would Learn. #7 is absolutely true
ANNIE SMITH PECK (1850-1935)
Annie Smith was a mountaineer who scaled all major mountains of Europe. She was the first person to scale the peak of Peru’s highest peak, Mt. Huascaran in 1908. She also gained international recognition for it. Other than climbing mountains till the age of 82 years, Annie also served as an influential scholar during her lifetime and in addition wrote multiple books and travelled around the globe giving lectures. Annie was one of those people who didn’t care about what the people around them think, and this attitude can be seen in her dressing sense as she didn’t wear the long skirts that women in that era were expected to wear.
2. SOJOURNER TRUTH (1797-1883)
Sojourner Truth was an abolitionist and women’s right activist. she gave shit about how men dominated the world. once in a dialogue with young Suffragist Harriot Stanton Blatch, she gave him the best answer!
Harriot: “Sojourner, can’t you read?”
Sojourner: “Oh no Honey, I can’t read little things like letters. i read big things like men!”